Sunday, September 14, 2008

All Is Well, We Are Not Alone

Are there times when you feel all alone? Like maybe at two or three in the morning when it seems that everyone but you is asleep? How do you feel, knowing that you are the only one awake at your house? Do you feel sad that you are all alone, or do you feel joy that all is quiet for once? Do you use this time for meditation and prayer, or use it for doing something that you have wanted to do for a long time, and just never found the right time to begin?
I have been using this time to think deep thoughts; of course, most of what I think of seems to BE deep thoughts. I've been told that this is a sign of a sensitive and creative mind. And I don't seem to have a whole lot of trouble thinking of things to think about. I don't know if that's my AADD (adult attention deficit disorder), or just my creative mind just keeping busy; who cares, at least I'M seldom bored by my thoughts. And I don't have to worry about boring anyone with what I'm thinking about, because no one knows what I'm thinking besides me. I feel the power! Oh, but wait! There is one who knows the thoughts, and that is God. He says in His Word, "I will never leave you nor forsake you", and that is very comforting indeed, but even more-so when it is in the middle of the night, and you feel all alone. I don't know why, but I feel panicky when I am alone. Now, I am not panicky right now, because even though I am the only one awake, I know that all of my family is here (the ones who live here), and I know that if I need them , all that I have to do is to wake them up. (Hey, this could have possibilities..................all the times the kids got me up in the middle of the night????? heh, heh!)
Do you have family nearby? Are you all alone? If you are the only one in your house, and you feel deserted, then remember that if you are a Christian, then God has promised in His Word, that He will never leave you nor forsake you. God bless, my friends, let us all be there for one another.

No comments: